Sunday, July 02, 2006

Getting Started


I've been writing an article for an Australian technology journal about blogging in the classroom. It occurred to me that if I'm going to be writing about blogging, perhaps it just might be a good idea to have one of my own! So this will be the first entry. Having a public forum where the world (OK, probably a very FEW people) may read your thoughts and respond to them is a bit like leaving an open diary on the dining room table just before a cocktail party. You had better not write anything that you don't want people to know. A bit frightening to those of us who value our privacy.

Having been an educator for the better part of my life, though, I understand the value of getting responses to ideas shared, so it will be interesting from my vantage point to see what this produces.

I enjoy photography, so with each blog, I'm going to attach one of my pictures. You may or may not wish to comment on it. Since I think educators act as beacons of knowledge, the lighthouse I photographed at Crowdy Head seemed a good picture to include for this first blog.

2 Comments:

Blogger catherine said...

I believe you are coming to Australia in July to talk to teachers about the uptake of ICT's in the classroom.
Can you please send me an email address so that I can send you more information on the uptake of web 2 in schools in Australia?
Catherine (questatlantis@hotmail.com)

9:24 PM  
Blogger Robbie said...

ene, It's Robbie. I must have written down your email address incorrectly - - I have tried the following: genebias@mac.com and gene_bias@mac.com. Neither work so I must have written it down incorrectly. Please email me at rthomas46@sbcglobal.net
Thanks, Robbie

8:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home