Saturday, May 19, 2007

Down Under, Again



Well, it looks as if another trip "Down Under" is on the immediate horizon. This time I will have my colleague Dan Morris, Director of the Colorado Teaching, Learning and Technology Center at the University of Colorado at Denver with me. I introduced Dan to Pete Dailhou, who had invited me to speak at several previous conferences, when we were in San Diego last July for NECC. When Pete found that Dan was a recognized consultant and trainer in ISTE Leadership workshops, he invited Dan to be the keynote speaker for the 2007 NSWCEG conference in Newcastle July 1 and 2.

We will also be doing several workshops on Leadership and 21st Century Skills while in Australia. Dan's wife and daughter will come down for a portion of the time to visit. Since Dan has never been to Australia before, I'm sure he will find the country extremely charming and the people with whom he interacts to be knowledgable and forthright in their discussions with him.

We will be visiting Newcastle, Sydney, Canberra and the University of New England as part of the workshop schedule. And while Dan and his family take time to visit FNQ and perhaps the Great Barrier Reef, I will get the opportunity to visit Perth with Pete.

Needless to say, Dan and I both are looking forward to this visit with a great deal of excitement. All my visits to Australia have been memorable ones. This should be no exception.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mark said...

Hi Gene

I'm here at the conference. I'm sitting in a session right now. Will be nice to catch up with you

8:09 PM  
Blogger Gene Bias said...

Thanks, Mark, for acknowledging my blog. I wish I were a bit more persistant in getting more entries into it, but at least I am using it.

I hope your sessions have been good. It's been enjoyable visiting again.

12:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home